[mod_python] Current Working Directory not set?

Sean Jamieson sean at barriescene.com
Fri Jan 27 17:41:15 EST 2006

Thanks for all the options Graham.

I've come up with the following code template, if anyone see anything
obviously wrong/bad please let me know:
import os
import sys
from mod_python import apache, util
from kid import Template

# this file's current directory
__dir__ = os.path.dirname( __file__ )

# set the templates path under this file's directory
__templates__ = os.path.join( __dir__, "templates" )

def index( req ): _page='index'
    req.content_type = 'text/html'
    ## function body ##
    return Template( file=os.path.join( __templates__, '%s_%s.kid' %
(__name__, _page) ), **vars() )

I'm expecting someone might say something about my use of **vars().
The overall result of my return Template(..) statement is that it will
match [script's dir]/templates/[script name]_[function name].kid

Comments?

Sean