[mod_python] Question about Session security

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jun 15 19:47:13 EDT 2005

Jim Gallacher wrote ..
> Dan Eloff wrote:
> > Good point, mod_python is very flexible. I really like that.
> >
> > I have one more question about sessions. Are they saved automatically,
> > or do I have to explicitly call .save()?
>
> You must call save(). I have been thinking about an autosave though.
> Anyone else have any thoughts?

I would vote for NO autosave.

It is like the IP issue on Session object, by adding it you are potentially
restricting in what ways it can be used. Ie., what if I want to bail and out
of a request without saving anything, how would I stop it from saving.

The ability to save a session object automatically is something that people
can do easily enough within their own frameworks if they want to, so it
is probably better off left that way.