[mod_python] Apache startup error using mod_python under Windows 2000 (have msvcr70.dll)

Laird Shaw lairdshaw at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 30 01:56:18 EST 2003

Your advice solved my problem, Perry.  I uninstalled Python 2.3 and
mod_python, then downloaded and installed Python 2.2.  Then I installed
mod_python 3.0.3, started up Apache and navigated to the test page: worked
fine.  I can reattest that neither mod_python 3.0.3 nor mod_python 3.1.0a
worked with my setup using Python 2.3 - which is a pity as it's nice to use
the latest and greatest version of languages.

Grisha, I don't know whether your question was for Perry or me, but I'll
answer anyway: I installed Python from this windows installer:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.2.3/Python-2.2.3.exe.

Much appreciated,
Laird